The dire cost of the unexpected breakdown of critical equipment and the consequent loss of man hour due to the lack of a maintenance plan is compelling more businesses to make huge investment in Facilities Management. This reality is increasing the demand for Facilities Management professionals with the skills and competence to manage real estate assets at the lowest possible cost and optimal efficiency; without compromising quality.
The Professional Facility Managers (PFM) Training is a four-day intensive classroom, case-study-driven session designed to bridge the competency gap for organizations and mid-level FM managers, project managers or professionals in FM-interfacing roles who want to improve the performance of their Real Estate overhead cost and move up the career ladder.
The primary goal of this training is to help participants understand how best to align Facilities Management principles and Practices with corporate strategy to improve organizations performance, increase occupants’ productivity and reduce operational costs.
The PFM Training is a 4 day training which consists of 4 modules,
Module 1: Operations & Maintenance
- Operations & Maintenance Techniques
- Emergency Preparedness Strategies
- Managing Facilities Management Projects
- Understanding and Optimizing FM Support Services
- Quality Management in Facilities Management.
Module 2: FM Strategy & innovation
- Business & FM Strategy Alignment
- Performance Management Techniques for FM Operations, People and processes.
Module 3: Finance & Business
- Preparing & Managing FM Finance & Budget
- Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
Module 4: Leadership & Management
- Managing people for successful FM Operations: defining roles, optimizing skills, emotional effectiveness and strengthening relationships.
- Corporate Governance & Risk in Facilities Management.
- Managing Real Estate Premises (Corporate/Commercial).
Upon completion of the course, participants will know how to strategically deploy organization’s resources in a way that saves cost, improves productivity and optimizes resources. They will be exposed to strategies applied by some of the best FM Professionals, and they will be able to align standard FM practices with their organizations strategy in order to add value to the organization’s performance and bottom line.
- Help participants identify the different stakeholders in the FM value chain and device ways of interfacing with them.
- Enlighten participants on how to limit client escalation and avoid reoccurring client complaints.
- Expose them to the importance of an operations maintenance plan and how it helps organization save lost time and man hour.
- Give participants knowledge of the techniques used to reduce service downtime while ensuring total maintenance costs is curtailed within the Operations Budget.
- Help Participants understand the crucial role proper budget management plays in the performance of an organization and its influence on the organizations bottom line.
- Enlighten Participants on how non-compliance of Safety Health & Environmental policy can lead to reputational damage of the organization and how to avoid it.
- Mid –level Managers looking to improve their performance level and add more value to their organizations bottom line.
- Project Managers, Engineering Managers, Corporate Service Managers and other related fields looking to improve their maintenance and management skills.
- Professionals looking to transition into Facilities Management.
The training is a hands-on, case-study-driven course delivered through a mix of classroom presentations, syndicate sessions and supporting reference materials.