For Whom: Site managers, Facility management administrators, managers, maintenance managers and those involved in decision making and provision of resources to ensure effective maintenance of plant and building systems to support the facility management function.
Need: Effective maintenance and management of plants and building systems at lowest possible cost efficiently will require the competence of all those who are directly involved in facility management and maintenance and those whose function indirectly impact on efficient job delivery of the maintenance and management crew towards making the facility provide the necessary level of efficiency and availability. This course is meant to provide the necessary skill and exposure to enhance the achievement of this goal.
Course Objective: At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the basic concept of maintenance planning and implementation.
- Aware of all necessary specifications and standards required for efficient service provision and availability.
- Carry out contract negotiations, execution and supervision.
- Understand the security and safety standard required for efficient operation.
- Maintenance planning and implementation strategies.
- Statutory compliance checking.
- Undertaking the work.
- Building fabric and structure maintenance.
- Mechanical maintenance.
- Electrical maintenance.
- Voice and Data telecommunications.
- Water services and public health.
Project management for repair, replacement or refurbishment.