Course Code: AFM 003
For Whom: Safety Officers and Managers, Fire Coordinators, Emergency Response Coordinators, Facility Managers, Maintenance Officers/Managers, Security Officers/Managers, Building administration officers in Banking and Telecoms
Need: Providing a safe facility is as important as providing a productive one. The facilities manager is the main custodian of the environment that people live, work and play so maintaining the safety of lives and property is an on-going challenge that requires purposeful planning and preparedness.
Organizations must be prepared to manage such emergencies ranging from contamination of product, food poisoning, fire, Flood, Civil unrest resulting in loss of access to premises and/or loss of communicationsor power.
Objective: At the end of the course participant should be able to:
- Understand risk mitigation and management.
- Understand crisis management principles.
- Understand various security and safety procedures.
- Plan for emergency situations
- Proffer preventive management strategies.
- Proffer options of appropriate responses.
- Infuse an appropriate HSE plan into the emergency plan
- Over view of business continuity management.
- Vulnerability analysis and threat scenario.
- Training, testing, and exercises of business continuity plan.
- Business impact analysis and Crisis management
- Risk mitigation measures and management.
- Security of physical asset, information, document, and key security related legislation/ standards.
- Health, Safety and Environmental management in buildings
- Fire safety.