As Africa continues to experience growth in its real estate and infrastructure sectors and investors, business leaders and real estate owners seek strategic ways to optimize cost and increase efficiency, demand for Facilities Managers with the right skills and competencies is therefore on the rise.
The Facility Management Professional (FMP) credential course is, therefore, an assessment-based certificate programme that prepares FM professionals for the increasing opportunities in the market and places them at par with FM professionals anywhere in the world.
This credential course was recently updated and enhanced to align with the IFMA global job task analysis, ensuring that it teaches and tests the knowledge and competencies required to help employers achieve their FM and people development goals.
Course & Assessment Modules Outline:
- Operations and Maintenance
- Project Management
- Finance and Business Essentials
- Leadership and Strategy Essentials
Businesses or organisations who sponsor or encourage their employees for this certification will benefit immensely from improved operational performance and FM process efficiency.
At the end of this certification, participants will be able to:
- Conduct a need assessment for FM operations and maintenance process
- Identify and recommend required FM resources for optimal business performance
- Understand Finance and FM Business Operations
- Design procurement processes and implement planned programmes
- Lead and manage FM people and resources in line with global best practices
- Manage and oversee large projects and deliver results.
- Middle to Top Management FM Professionals
- Middle to Top Management Professionals in FM-interfacing roles
- Middle to Top Management Professionals in FM-related industries, particularly the built environment.
This is a four-module assessment training course, spanning a total of 8 to 10 days. It is delivered through classroom presentations, supporting reference materials, and an assessment at the end of each module – depending on participant’s preferred training option.